About Us: Cloverleaf Farms, Inc. is a privately owned and operated Hybrid Seed Corn Production Company.
Located in Elk Point, South Dakota, the Curry family has produced hybrid seed corn at Elk Point, SD since 1935. The seed we produce is bagged at the Cloverleaf Farms seed conditioning facility with retail sales under the Curry Seed® brand. In addition to seed corn production and seed corn conditioning, Cloverleaf Farms has warehouse storage for Curry Seed®. Seed corn and soybeans are sold and shipped to customers in South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, Colorado, Kansas, Wisconsin and Illinois under the Curry Seed® brand.
Positions Available: Full-time employment in the area of agriculture, specifically, hybrid seed corn production and production interns. Part-time seasonal positions are also available.
Job Description: Employee would be doing a variety of tasks that pertain to seed production.
- Production Area: Assist in soil preparation, spraying, fertilizing, planting seed, irrigation, detasseling and harvesting Cloverleaf fields.
- Bagging and Warehouse facility: Position includes working with the bagging line and robotic stacker, moving pallets of seed by forklift and loading semi-trucks for seed delivery.
- Cattle Feedlot: Cloverleaf maintains a cattle feedlot on the site. Employees rotate feeding duties.
Position Requirements: Applicant should have an interest in farming or agriculture. This job is with agriculture, Mother Nature can determine extended hour to complete farming requirements. Long hours or weekends may be required during peak season. Experience in the following would be helpful but not required: Driving trucks, operating farm equipment, fork lift, & being mechanically inclined. A valid driver’s license is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Wage based on experience.
- Wellmark health insurance is offered to full-time employees after 30 day of employment.
- 401K Plan: Employees are eligible to join the plan after one year of full-time employment. Cloverleaf Farms matches employee deferrals into their retirement plan. (See the deferral schedule in the Employee Handbook.)
- Hartford Insurance – Cloverleaf carries a $25,000 Group Life Insurance policy and a $25,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy on all full-time employees.
- Paid Holidays – All full-time employees receive six paid holidays. (Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.) If an employee is required to work on a holiday they are paid at time and a half plus holiday pay.
- In the event that work is required on Saturday and/or Sunday, hourly employees will be paid at time and a half.
- Uniform blue jeans & shirts are provided as well as weekly laundry service.
Contact Information: Call our office at (605) 356-3370 or email Brian Curry: firstname.lastname@example.org